The sheer happiness and feeling of euphoria on getting selected and receiving the confirmation of enrolment (COE) from your dream university is indeed unparalleled. But you are still one step away from living your dream and that is – getting your student visa.
Visa interview is an important step prior to the final confirmation of student visa approval for most countries including Canada, New Zealand, UK and USA. Your interview could fasten or delay your visa processing. Therefore, it is crucial that you prepare for the interview and address all concerns of the visa officer.
The interview is taken by a visa officer who may ask you a range of questions mainly to ensure that your application case is genuine and your intentions align with what is being written in the application form. The officer is a trained professional, who could ask multiple unrelated questions to know your real interests and objectives. If you are prepared, you will enjoy this process and meeting someone who opens the door of a new country for you!
A few visa interview tips:
- Prepare for the interview questions in advance.
- Get a copy of your all documents with you for the interview.
- Dress appropriately (formally).
- Be on time for the interview.
- Be courteous, friendly and polite throughout the interview.
- Be confident as you are the best person to represent yourself
- Give brief and clear answers. If not sure, then you can ask the question again. Be thoughtful in your answers.
- Go through the website and handbook of your university carefully.
- Know about your course contents thoroughly including course duration, fee, commencement & end date, credits points etc.
- You should be clear about your future plans after completing the course.
- Be ready for any strange questions and don’t get nervous when you have them. They are meant to test your intentions, skills or IQ.
- Interview may as little as 15 seconds to a few minutes or more, so be comfortable with it.
At LUXAIR TRAVELS AND TOURS, we don’t leave you to handle this alone.
Visit us today let help you with your visa processing, travel insurance and tickets itinerary.