Don’t let study abroad costs get you down. In this article “how to get scholarship to study abroad“, Luxair Travels and Tour’s goal is to inspire prospective Nigeria students to define their purpose in life, mission, and legacy while seeking to study abroad.
We seek the evolution of each student through their program of choice, which serves as a bridge that allows them to reach their full potential and achieve their dreams. Luxair Travels and Tours provides rooms to offer Postgraduate and Graduate degree programs by help prospects get the best of our services.
What is a scholarship?
According to the Cambridge dictionary, a scholarship is “an amount of money given by a school, college, university, or other organisation to pay for the studies of a person with great ability but little money.” I will add that some scholarships are more flexible, allowing all students to apply regardless of their academic abilities or finances.
Who can apply for scholarships abroad?
Anyone who meets the application requirements can apply. Yes, it’s an obvious answer, but different types of scholarships target different students. Always check if you can apply, if the scholarship application deadlines are up-to-date, and if the scholarship is open to national students, international students, or both.
These are some of the most common application requirements for scholarships:
- registration or application form
- letter of motivation or personal essay
- letter of recommendation
- letter of acceptance from an academic institution
QUICK TIPS FOR STUDY ABROAD SCHOLARSHIPS FOR NIGERIAN STUDENTS
- We check with your program provider to see if they offer scholarships first. Understanding, for example, offer partial and full scholarships to their students in select programs/countries. This is generally the best place to start your scholarship search.
- Read the small print carefully. Some scholarships cannot be used with another scholarship while others can only be used towards tuition fees, but not towards daily expenses (like room and board). Make sure your scholarship can be used towards your program!
- Apply to as many scholarships as you can! The more you apply for, the more likely you are to win one. Simple logic, right?